Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our new teenager!


Today is Jadon's 13th birthday. It doesn't seem very long ago that he thought he would never be 13 and would be able to see PG-13 movies. Now he can't wait to be 15 so that he can legally start driving. It's so weird to think I'm old enough to be the mom of a teenager!
We celebrated his birthday last night. We went out to dinner as a family at his favorite restaurant, La Luna. We let him order a triple order of smothered burritoes so he could have some for lunch today.

After dinner, he had a party with some friends and we went bowling. They seemed to have a good time. I think they had the best time making up silly bowler names on the computer screen for each other. I'm glad that Jadon has good friends to hang out with. I'm really proud of the person Jadon is growing up to be. He does the right thing. He is a great student and is very responsible. Although he likes to tease his siblings, he's a good brother. He likes to spend time with me and that makes me happy. He is always up for an adventure and doesn't like to be bored. He's a good worker and is always looking for ways to earn money. I hope he continues to be the good kid that he is. He's a great son and I love him! Happy Birthday Jadon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

He is a great young man and you are very lucky!