After many many years of begging and 9 months of Kierra keeping her room clean, I finally gave in to the kids desire to get a dog. Her name is "Honey" and she is a 2 year old Golden Retriever. I have always loved Golden Retrievers so I decided if I had to have a dog, I wanted it to be this kind.
Last Saturday Dale started looking on-line for Golden Retriever puppies. He came across the web-site of a breeder who was selling Honey because she wouldn't be able to have puppies. We went back and forth between the idea of getting a puppy or Honey. We decided it would be better for our family to get an older, already trained, dog.
So we called the breeder and told her we wanted to get Honey. The breeder lives in Logan so we all took a trip to Logan yesterday to get her. We were able to see her with the trainer. She has been trained to come, sit, stay, fetch etc...When she first saw us she was very shy. She hid behind the legs of the trainer just like a little kid would. It was sad. She was very nervous to come home with us. She is very nervous and shy and keeps looking for her previous owner. They said it would take a couple of weeks before she would acclamate to a new home. We are excited for her to get to know us so we can play with her. She is a very gentle dog. I haven't heard her bark yet. I think she will be a great dog for our family!
So we called the breeder and told her we wanted to get Honey. The breeder lives in Logan so we all took a trip to Logan yesterday to get her. We were able to see her with the trainer. She has been trained to come, sit, stay, fetch etc...When she first saw us she was very shy. She hid behind the legs of the trainer just like a little kid would. It was sad. She was very nervous to come home with us. She is very nervous and shy and keeps looking for her previous owner. They said it would take a couple of weeks before she would acclamate to a new home. We are excited for her to get to know us so we can play with her. She is a very gentle dog. I haven't heard her bark yet. I think she will be a great dog for our family!
2 comments:
Congratulations! Its just like having a new baby. She is very pretty. Hopefully jared will be able to handle it.
congrats! I can't believe you finally gave in. I know what it's like though. My family begged me for an entire year. I think you were smart to get an older dog instead of a puppy. I wish we would have done that.
Post a Comment