
Well, Christmas was a week ago today and it's been a fun "week after Christmas". We started it on the night after Christmas by going out to dinner with the adults in the Byers family . After dinner we went to our house with everyone and played games. The adults and children had a great time playing games together. I think the hit of the night was "Do you love your neighbor". On Monday afternoon we packed up for a few days and headed to the cabin. We went up with Lisa's family and my mom and dad. Paul's family was there with us for a few hours. I always love going to the cabin. It's such a great place to be. Somehow the boys (and Brooke) got a game going where they were sitting in a circle tossing 2 footballs back and forth. They were very serious about it. They got a plan of who was going to throw to who so that both footballs were continuously being thrown. Both balls are in the air in the above photo. It was fun to watch them have so much fun together.

On Tuesday night, Sandy and her kids came up. They were nice enough to let us stay at the cabin for part of their time. We had a great time playing speed scrable while some of the boys played settlers. I'm horrible at speed scrable but still had fun. It was snowing all day Wednesday (about 10 inches dropped) and we had to drive home in the snowstorm. Luckily, it doesn't bother Dale like it does me and I don't have to drive in it. Right after we got home, we turned around and left to go out to dinner with some of the adults in my family. We went to Texas Roadhouse and it was so yummy! It was also fun to visit without kids needing one thing or the other every 5 minutes. The next day I spent the day taking down all the Christmas decorations. As much as I love Christmas, I love taking it down. It makes my house seem so clean and roomy.

My brother Paul and his family are currently living in Georgia and they came home for Christmas. They came over to spend New Year's Eve with us and we had a great time. We had dinner and played games. It's always fun to see the cousins having fun together and it was nice to visit with Paul and Amy and hear more about Georgia.

We played a few board games and then spent some time playing the WII together. It was so much fun to watch the kids compete against each other!

We stopped playing the WII for a few minutes and came upstairs at 11:45 to watch the ball drop and celebrate the new year. Jadon found some streamers for us to throw and we all celebrated at midnight. There were quite a few fireworks going on outside. We played the WII for another hour then went to bed.
It was a very fun week and I'm sad, but excited, to get back to a regular schedule again. I have high hopes for 2010 and think it's going to be a great year. At the end of this Christmas season, I feel so blessed. I'm so thankful to have such a great family. I'm thrilled that everyone is healthy and happy. I am so thankful for all the wonderful things in my life!
1 comment:
Great post and recap on fun times. I'm glad there is ONE picture of me to prove I was at the cabin too.
Post a Comment