
We just spent a long weekend at the cabin with just our family. Most of the time, when we go to the cabin, we go with other people in my extended family. This time it was just us. At first, the kids thought it would be boring but it didn't take them very long before they realized it was fun and nice to have the cabin to ourselves. We really enjoyed our time together and really didn't want to come home! I took pictures of my favorite things about the cabin. One of the best things is playing games. We played Pictionary Jr. and it was really fun. It's so nice to have a game that we can all play together.

Watching Dale and Jadon build a fire together. Jadon loved making the kindling.

Letting the kids play games that I NEVER let them play at home like tossing two footballs back and forth in the house.

My kids doing dishes together with no dishwasher. It always ends with laughter.

Enjoying the fire. I loved sitting in front of the fire and reading my book. We all watched a movie and had popcorn while enjoying the fire.

Computer time. We had 3 laptops up there that were almost always in use. I finished Katie's first scrapbook (55 pages) and can't wait to get it printed. Online scrapbooking rocks!

Sledding. I usually don't have a huge desire to go outside and go sledding (mostly because it is so much work to get everyone dressed in winter clothes) but always have fun once I do. We all went outside and played for a while. This was Katie's first time in the snow and she loved it!

One of my most favorite things about the cabin is the food! I always bring my favorite things to snack on. After we went sledding, we came in and got all the snacks out and had a great time eating them.
Another one of my favorite things wasn't easy to take a picture of. It's relaxing. The cabin is the only place where I can just sit around and not feel guilty for not doing anything. I love to read, sit and enjoy the fire and play on the computer. At home, there is always something that I have to get done before I can do those things. It's great to have a place that I can go to relax. I'm so thankful for the cabin and the wonderful memories that are made there!
2 comments:
How fun! And what great pictures to document your time there.
Looks like you guys had a blast! We recently got the game Would you rather, it's a really fun game that I think your family would like and you can all play it together as well. Heard of it? It has things like would you rather have 1 bushy eye brow across your whole forhead or massive ear hair that you can't trim? Then everyone has a coin w/ option 1 or option 2 on it, they secretly pick their choice and hide it in their hand until the person who is it shows what they would rather do and why. Then that person tries to guess what everyone else picked. It really is great fun, especially because of all the crazy would you rather ?'s!!! Maybe sometime we could all get together and play it!
Post a Comment