Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

It's been a wonderful Christmas day! The season went way too fast and so much was going on that I feel that I didn't get to really enjoy it. But today was wonderful. We woke up around 8:00 a.m. and got ready to see what Santa brought. Dale and I decided that we wanted to let each child go out one by one to see what he brought for them. It's always so hectic and we miss the reaction of each child. The kids didn't like that idea very much. We talked them into letting Katie go out all by herself. She was very cute. We let her crawl into the room all by herself. Everyone's stockings and toys were all over the place. She crawled right through it to her little chair with her new baby on it and immediately started holding and loving her. She was so sweet. She continued to be happy and sweet all morning even though she skipped her nap. It was so much fun to watch her play with her new things!
All the rest of the kids were GREAT all morning! There wasn't any fighting and everyone was excited about what Santa brought them. They all played with everything for almost two hours before we even started opening any presents. Two years ago, Santa brought our family a WII that has since been broken. Our boys really love to play video games so we decided to give them a new WII this Christmas. It was a big hit! We gave them new paddles with their names on them and a new charger with rechargeable batteries. They are all set up to play and now they can play with their friends here because there is something to do. (My kids think our house is boring!)

This was Jaxon's reaction after they opened the WII

My kids were so kind to give me a really nice jewelry armoire for a gift. I'm really excited because now I can throw all the boxes away that the jewelry is currently in.

The kids gave their dad a foot massager. I think this gift is more for them than him because now he can't beg them to massage his feet.
We spent some nice time with Dale's mom and my parents when they brought gifts for our family. My kids always love it when they come over. They love to show them all their new exciting things.
One of my favorite things about Christmas is real surprises. Sometimes you might have an idea of what someone is going to get you. This year Dale gave me something I would never have even thought of. He gave me the entire series of FRIENDS on DVD. I was so excited. I really like that show and I miss watching it. I love to sit and watch it and laugh but it's usually on TV when my kids are around so I can't watch it since it's not super kid friendly. I'm excited to have that release.
It has been a really special Christmas. It's so fun to have excited kids who love what they got! We are going to my parents tonight for our annual Christmas night get together. I always love to eat yummy food and hang out while all the grandkids exchange their presents! Yay Christmas!

No comments: