Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home from the hospital

We came home from the hospital yesterday. Like always, I was nervous to come home and be in the real world. I don't like leaving the safety of the hospital bed and having the nurses there to take care of me. Dale does a wonderful job of taking care of me and my mother-in-law is staying with us so I really don't have anything to be nervous about. I just don't like not being able to do all the things I usually do. We took this picture at the hospital before we left. I can't believe how big our family is. I love it! Katie didn't have a very good night. She was awake most of the night. She really only slept from 4:00-8:00 a.m. I slept on the couch and thankfully Dale stayed out there with me. It was so nice to have him there with me. I'm sure she'll get this sleeping thing down within a few nights but until then I am going to have to get used to taking naps. Luckily I was able to take a nap with her while the family was at church. Even though we had a rough first night home, I am loving having a baby around again. Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing when he created babies!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great family! Hopefully last night was a little better.

Anonymous said...

What a darling family! Congratulations!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! Yay she's finally here and healthy, I couldnt be happier for you.
I always forgot how much fun it was to have a new baby until they were there. It must mean just a little more knowing she's your last and your family is complete, what a great feeling, you must feel really proud.
I'm glad your all doing so well. I love your blog, what a fun way to keep up with people.
I know you'll enjoy these precious moments with your family of now 6! You did it 6! Wow that is so great.
Nicole