Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a wonderful suprise!!!

Tonight was a very special night for me. I thought that I was going out to dinner with Dale and his family because his mom was in town. I wasn't excited about where we were going to dinner but I was excited to get out. We were going to ride with Doyle and Kris to dinner, so we went to their house. When we got to there, I noticed that there were a lot of cars parked in front of their house and in the driveway. I remembered that Kris said something about her neighbor having a surprise party for her husband but I thought it was strange that they were parking in Kris's driveway. When we got inside her house, tonz of people yelled "Surprise!" I thought that they thought we were someone else and they yelled "surprise" too soon. Then I looked around and saw my family and friends and couldn't believe that they were actually there for me! My mother-in-law was standing right by me and I hugged her and cried. Now I know how she felt when we surprised her this summer. What a wonderful feeling it was. To know that so many people cared. My sister-in-law, Kris, and my sister, Lisa, were the ones that organized the surprise baby shower. It was so fun to hear the stories, later on in the evening, of the planning of the party and all the things they did. They even registered me at Target. I got so many nice things for our new baby girl! This is the best party I have ever had! I could not believe how many people were there. I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family! Thanks Kris and Lisa for being so thoughtful and thanks to everyone who came! I love you all!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a great picture! It was very fun to plan the party and to actually have you be so surprised. I just wish we would have thought about it a little sooner but it all turned out great. And you definitely deserve it!!!!

Unknown said...

That looks like a pretty good loot. My mom is always very good and sends me invitations so I know what's going on even if I can't make it, but I wish I could have been there.

Shingleton Family said...

What a fun night!! I would really like to see the picture they took of your face when you first walked in. You sure got tons of fun stuff and you deserve it all. Hope you are feeling OK. Call if you need anything. Kaleb would love to play with Kyson.