Thursday, November 27, 2008

So much to be thankful for!


As I am sitting in the hospital on this Thanksgiving Day, I am thinking about the many many things that I have to be thankful for. First, our sweet little Katie Emma. She is beautiful! I am thankful that she is finally here and that she is healthy. As I watch her sleeping in her little bed, I can't believe how perfect she is. Everyone in the family is in love with her. It's amazing to me how all the kids have an instant love for her. I am thankful to my doctor and all the wonderful nurses at the hospital. It is nice to have someone there to take care of us. I am also thankful for our family members that are very willing to do whatever we need them to do with our kids while I am in the hospital. I am thankful for the 6 kids that I have. I love them so much! Finally, I am incredibly thankful for my wonderful husband. He is so thoughtful and does such a wonderful job of taking care of our family. He knows me and the little things that will make me happy. He does such a good job of making my hospital room the way I want it. When he comes, he cleans everything up for me because he knows I can't stand the clutter. He brought me a DVD player, my computer and his IPOD that he set up with speakers so I could listen to music. He is being very patient with the kids. I love how much he loves Katie and how much he misses her when he has to leave. I feel blessed at this time in my life and am happy to have everything that has been given to me!

1 comment:

Amy Bailey said...

Susan, She is so pretty. So perfect! I can't wait to see her, as soon as I get over this cold. Congratulations to the best Mom I know!!!