Kierra has had these two warts for a long time that we haven't been able to get rid of them with those wart removal band-aids. I was going to take her to the doctor to have them removed and someone suggested that I try to freeze them off myself with those kits you buy at the store. I had no idea if it would hurt or not. The directions said it might sting or burn at first. Of coarse, I didn't tell Kierra this. As soon as I put the stuff on the wart she started screaming. You have to hold the applicator on the wart for 20 seconds. That's it! 20 seconds! You would've thought I was cutting her arm off by the way she was crying. Then I made the mistake of telling her that if you have one on your foot, which was the next one we were going to do, you had to hold the applicator on for 40 seconds. When I told her this, she immediately jumped off the bathroom counter and went running through the house calling for Daddy. By the time I chased her down, Dale had come up from his office to find out what all the noise was about. I told him what we had to do. So he held her down on my bed while I worked on the wart on her toe. As soon as he said that it wasn't hurting her that bad because she wasn't even fighting to get away, she started kicking her feet and crying more. It took all of 1 minute to apply this stuff but it took her a good 1/2 hour to get over it! I told her that it hurts way way more than this to have a baby and if she wants to be a mom someday she was going to have to toughen up! It was quite comical actually!
2 comments:
Susan! You are so funny! This cracked me up! Hope the warts are gone now. You don't want to attempt a second treatment!
Susan, We took Hyrum into get his done at the doctor’s office. He screamed forever and then the recovery part was not the best. He got a big blood blister and as he was washing his hands one day it popped and blood went everywhere as he is running all over the house looking for me. It healed after 4 weeks, but I think the wart is coming back now. They are not fun and I really don't understand how one gets warts. Anyway, hope the warts don't come back. I’ll e-mail you pictures of the blood blister. Amy
Post a Comment