So we built the littlest sledding hill ever in our front yard and Jadon has spent a lot of time outside every day this week. Yesterday he stayed out all by himself after Jaxon and Kierra came in. I kept watching him out the window to see what he was doing all by himself. He had decided to dig a hole through the little sledding hill, like a cave. I watched him digging it with a little shovel. Then all of a sudden he got his sled and took a running leap on to the sled and went down the tiny hill on his stomach. As soon as I saw him grab the sled I knew his little cave would cave. I thought that he knew that too. Well, as soon as he gets up off the sled and looks back his eyes went so wide and his mouth dropped. He had no idea that his weight wouldn't cave in a teeny tiny hill with a cave dug through it. He just sat in the snow and cried. I felt horrible. If I was a better mom, I would have went right out there and help him rebuild it but I was in the middle of a cleaning project and wanted to finish it. Anyway, after a minute he got up and grabbed the shovel and started shoveling snow off the grass and began to rebuild the hill. The entire time he was mumbleing something and looked pretty upset. What I couldn't believe is that after he got the hill rebuilt and the cave dug again, he went down on the sled and was just as upset when it caved in again. He finally built it again for the 3rd time and dug a nice cave and then came inside. I told him that I had seen what had happened and felt to bad for him. All is said is "Mom, you're so weird!" I guess he was over the devastation of the cave in.
Highlights with Arthur - Week 4 cont.
1 year ago
1 comment:
It's interesting what our kids do and how we view it as opposed to how they view it. Nice story
Post a Comment