Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My not-so-little 7th grader

Today was Jadon's orientation day for 7th grade. Why didn't they have this when I was in 7th grade? What a great thing! All the 7th graders get to come to school to get to know the school and find their classes. It's only half a day so they don't get overwhelmed on the first day. It was kind of sad for me to send him off on the bus this morning instead of taking him to school like I've done for the last 7 years! At least he let me go to the bus stop with him and take his picture.

Jadon seemed to have a very good first day of middle school. He was pretty happy when he came home. He's got friends in most of his classes and I think he really likes being treated older. I've been dreading sending him to middle school because I feel like I'm going to lose control of him and he's going to be around some bad influences. All I can do now is hope he makes good decisions and continues to be the good kid that he is!

No comments: