Friday, January 3, 2014

Katie's 5th Birthday

Katie with her new birthday present

 Katie was so excited to turn 5.  A couple of months before her birthday we found a great deal on a power wheels jeep so we got it and hid it in the shed until her birthday.  Just a couple of days before her birthday, she and her friend Jaxon were playing outside and went in the shed to find something and saw the jeep.  She came running to find me and told me she saw something in the shed that she has never seen before.  She was very excited.  I explained that it was her birthday present. She felt really bad that she found it when Daddy wasn't there.  She had a blast driving around in her new jeep all afternoon.  It's a good thing she found it early because it snowed a few days after her birthday and she hasn't been able to ride it since.
Our little 5 year old

We went out to dinner at La Luna to celebrate Kyson and Katie's birthday together.  They put sombrero's on them and gave them Maraca's to shake while we sang happy birthday to them.  After dinner we went to see Despicable Me 2. 
Katie is growing up so fast.  It's hard to believe that she will be going to Kindergarten next year.  She loves preschool and dance and is learning so much.  She's very smart and has a great memory.  She has a lot of friends that love to play with her.  She loves dolls and princesses and can play with them for hours.  She absolutely loves the babies that I tend and never gets sick of them.  She and I have a great time together.  She is my little buddy.  Whenever I am going somewhere, no matter where it is, she wants to come with me.  She always likes to snuggle with me and give me hugs.  I love my sweet little Katie-did!

No comments: