Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas 2013

Sugartown village
 I love Christmas!!! It is always so much fun to have the excitement of Christmas in our house.  Christmas Eve is probably my favorite part of the holiday season! I love the tradition we have of going out to dinner and then to a movie.  This year we went to Texas Roadhouse and then to see Frozen.  We had such yummy food and the movie was AWESOME!!! We started another Christmas Eve tradition this year.  Dale bought me the precious moments Sugar Town when we first got married and we only got it out for 2-3 years.  Once Jadon could walk, we decided not to get it out because we were afraid it would get broken.  It's been in storage ever since.  This year, Jadon suggested that we set it up for Christmas.  I decided that it would probably be ok since the kids are old enough to trust with it.  We used our kitchen table to set it up.  The kids loved getting the pieces out and putting it together.  I forgot how much I love the whole set.  It was so much fun to have it set up for a few days in our kitchen.
Enjoying dinner at Texas Roadhouse

The kids waiting to open their Christmas Eve presents

Jaxon shooting the bow that Santa gave him

 Gladys gave Jadon, Jaxon and Kierra some banks that are breakable.  She wrapped them up in confetti.  As soon as Jadon opened the box he looked up at me and said "Mom, I'm going to make a mess!"  He then proceeded to throw confetti everywhere.  Not just once either.  Every time someone opened a present, he scooped up the confetti and threw it all over them.
 Our house was covered in confetti!  Jadon (with the help of me, Dale and Gladys) were cleaning up confetti for quite a while.  It was pretty hard to scoop up.  We vacuumed, swept and scooped until we thought it was gone...then someone turned on the fan.  Confetti went flying all over again.  We had to clean it up 3 times before it was gone.  Jadon says it was worth it. 
This Christmas was the year of the new shoes.  Dale, Jadon and Jaxon all got new shoes.

No comments: