So today was the official first day of school for all my kids, except Katie. Jadon had a sophmore orientation yesterday and Kierra went to school for a few hours to help the 7th graders with their orientation. Today was the first day all 5 of them were gone all day. Everyone was really excited and got up pretty early. Jaxon, Jake and Kyson were all ready to go at least an hour before they needed to leave. The weirdest thing about this school year is having one of my kids in highschool!!! Yikes! His school is huge and I can't imagine how he isn't going to get lost. There is no bus to highschool so we have to drive him to school. That part isn't too bad. The part that is going to take some getting use to, is picking him up at 2:25 every day. He had to call me today to ask me if I was coming (that was because I thought he got out at 2:40). Luckily, the rest of the kids get to ride the bus so I don't have to worry about remembering to go get them. This year we have 3 kids in elementary, 1 in middle school and 1 in highscool so we will have lots of different schedules to keep straight. With all the kids being gone, I had high hopes of getting lots of stuff done. I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I guess that will take time as well. All the kids said they had a good day and they all like their teachers so far. I hope we have a great year!
Highlights with Arthur - Week 4 cont.
1 year ago
1 comment:
isnt it crazy how they just keep growing up??
Post a Comment