Sunday, July 15, 2012

A little mud never hurt anyone!

Jadon and I waiting for the race to start
Kyson was in the "little mudder" race
which started after ours.
 Yesterday Jadon, Kyson and I got to run in a mud race with some of our friends.  It was such a blast!  It was held at a motorcross track so there were small hills we had to run up and down and then complete lots of different obstacles in an  obstacle coarse.  It was a 5k so we had to go around the coarse 3 times to complete it.

Amy, Kara, Me and Carolynn just before the race.

We're off!  Not much mud yet.

 When I found out that there was going to be monkey bars in the race, I tried to go across some at my friends house a week before the race.  I only made it across a few bars.  I was so disappointed because I thought I was stronger than that.  So, I made a goal for myself to get across the monkey bars during the race.  I did it!!! I was so excited when I got across.  The 2nd time around, my hands were so tired and I dropped into the mud in the middle.  I didn't care, I conquered my goal!
 This is me crossing this rope climbing thing.  It's actually higher off the ground than it looks.  We had to climb up a wall of tires to get on the ropes, then cross the ropes.  It was awesome!
 This was one of my favorite parts.  We started out walking through this little mud stream but eventually crawled/swam through it because that was more fun!
            We had to get a running start to get up the muddy hills or we would slide back down.  Sometimes we had to try several times before we made it up.
 We all stayed together throughout the run and crossed the finish line together.
 The 2nd time around was really fun because we knew the coarse and got muddier.  We got in lots of mud fights and had a great time laughing and getting dirty together!
 Jadon and I after the race
 Jadon went around with Kyson for his race but I was getting cleaned up so I didn't get to go and take pictures.  Kyson said it was super fun!  This is Jadon and Kyson getting cleaned up in the muddy swimming pool.
They also had some super powerful hoses to clean off with but they were also super cold.  It was so funny to watch him and Jadon get washed off.  I definately want to go back next year and do this again.  This time I want to take my whole family!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I wish we would have come and done it. I hear there's another dirty dash coming up in Sept