Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oil burn


 Two weeks ago I was browning some pork and I burned my arm pretty good with the oil.  I was trying to put the meat into the hot oil and it all stuck together and slammed down into the oil and so the oil splashed up onto my arm.  I immediately put my arm under cold water.  As long as it was under water, it didn't hurt.  Within minutes of taking my arm out of the water, it hurt.  I had to keep doing the water thing for about 3 hours.  The 1st two pictures were taken the day after it happened.  The blister got bigger the next day but for some reason, I didn't get a picture of it.  It was so much fun to freak people out by showing them the blister.  It was filled with fluid and was wiggly like a waterbed.  Everyone said it looked like something different.  I think it looks like a big leaf with a cocoon on it. 
 Two days after I burned it, the blister popped.  Jaxon and I were messing around and he barely scraped my arm and it popped.  The fluid went all over him, the counter and the floor.  We talked to a doctor who told us that once it pops, we had to get all the burned skin off of it so that it wouldn't get infected.  So that's what Dale is doing in this picture.  He cut off all the skin.  It was pretty tender so I kept it wrapped up with neosporin on it.  Once again, no picture.
 This is how it looked two days after the blister popped after Dale was able to get ALL the burned skin off.
This is how it looks today, two weeks after it happened.  I'm glad it's finally almost better!

No comments: