Sunday, May 29, 2011

Great Game!

Last Thursday night Jadon had such a great baseball game! This season he has struggled a bit with hitting. He can really hit the ball far when he's not in a game but when he's up to bat, with all that pressure, he gets nervous. Dale has been working with him and telling him he needs to get really pumped up and do something like growl right before he gets up. Dale has been the assisstant coach for Jaxon's team so he hasn't been to very many of Jadon's games. Luckily, he was able to go to this game. On the way to the game, he was pumping him up with up beat, really loud, music. It was fun to all sing along together to the music. When Jadon got up to bat the first time, he looked pretty nervous. Dale started cheering him on and when he got his attention, he growled really loud. The smile on Jadon's face was priceless. Sure enough, He hit the ball. Unfortunately, the other team caught it. I don't think Jadon cared. He was smiling when he came into the dugout. The next time he got up to bat, Dale started cheering again. That got everyone pumped up. We counted to 3 and all the parents, and all the kids in the dugout, growled at Jadon. It was awesome. He hit it hard! It went way out into right field and he got a double! He was feeling very confident and stole 3rd with the next batter. He made it into home with the next batter and had that same big smile on his face when he got into the dugout! I was cheering so loud. I told Dale that I didn't care if they won or lost, it was still a great game! The whole team played really well and they ended up winning 17-4. It was such an awesome night!

4 comments:

svh said...

I love it!

svh said...

I love it!

Lisa said...

that is so cool! What a great experience for Jadon and your whole family.

Cory & Holly said...

very cool!! I miss going to Camren's games when he was that age.