
I had a great birthday yesterday. When I woke up in the morning, I looked outside to check the weather. I noticed that all my flower beds had been weeded! I was thrilled! I had been gone the night before and Dale had some guys come weed the front and back and prune the bushes. It was dark when I got home so I didn't notice. I get so frustrated in the spring when the weeds are growing like crazy! I can't get rid of them or my allergies will get out of control. It was so sweet of Dale to take care of it for my birthday! I signed up to go on a fieldtrip to This is the Place Monument with Jaxon. I was a little disappointed, but not surprised, when we woke up to rain. It almost always rains on my birthday. As we traveled on the bus, in the rain, to the monument, I kept thinking how horrible this was going to be. At first the kids were complaining and all I wanted to do was find shelter and sit in it. The people at the park had other plans for us. We went on the rotation they had planned for us. We started at the handcart pull. One of the volunteers told some wonderful stories about what some of the pioneers went through to come to this valley. As she was telling these stories, it started snowing! So all the kids got to do the handcart pull in the snow! It was actually really cool! They all had smiles on their faces even though they were soaking wet and getting muddy. I really enjoyed the time I was able to spend with my little Jaxon! I don't get to spend one on one time with him very much. He was so sweet to me all day. I had brought a cooler for our lunches and he never let me carry it. He had written a Happy Birthday note to me and put it in my lunch along with 2 of my favorite candy bars. When I signed up to go on this fieldtrip, I thought Jaxon would just hang out with his friends and I would be along for the ride. He didn't at all. He stayed with me the whole time and just talked about everything with me. I couldn't ask for a better present from him! While I was on the fieldtrip, my e-mail on my phone was going off all day. I was getting happy birthday wishes on Facebook from friends and family. It was such a great feeling! When I got home, I found that Kierra and Katie had decorated my bedroom doorway. They didn't have any balloons or streamers so they used ribbon and put all the flowers that we put in the girls hair on the ribbons. It was so cute! Kierra is so creative. That night Dale and I went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was yummy and nice to go out on a date. We were going to go to a movie but didn't see any that were too exciting so we went to Blockbuster and rented "Date Night". I had a great day! I can't wait until next year when I turn 40 because I am going on a cruise or to Hawaii!!!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Susan! You are such a sweet friend. I love your enthusiasm and your never ending smile.
p.s. Can I go to Hawaii too?
Post a Comment