Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ice Skating

Today Jadon, Kierra, Jaxon and I went ice skating with some friends of ours. Jadon has been with the youth in our ward a few times but this was Kierra and Jaxon's first time. I use to go a lot when I was a kid but I have no idea how long it's been since I've been on ice skates.
Jadon, Kierra and I had a great time but it wasn't Jaxon's favorite thing he's ever done. He was really nervous to get on the ice and stayed along the wall the two times that he went around the rink. After he fell and pulled me on top of him, he was done. I was amazed at how much of what I learned in lessons as a kid, came back to me. Jadon and Kierra did really well and it was fun to skate around with them. I had a race with Jadon and beat him and that was really fun! I think it would be fun to sign Kierra up for skating lessons. I'm excited to go again sometime. I just wish Jaxon would have had a better time.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Where did you go? You are such a GOOD mom to take them. That is one thing I do NOT do - that's Paul's department!

The Byers Family said...

We did cross country skiing once (me and the girls) I had a great time but poor Shawna hated every minute of it, she fell so many times and had the hardest time getting up on those skis, we won't be back! Hopefully Jaxon gives ice skating another try, he's so athletic you should have him try on hockey skates.