Sunday, September 12, 2010

Making bread!


Last week I learned to make bread. I have a TON of wheat and haven't done a thing with it. Of coarse, I don't have a wheat grinder so that is one reason I have never done anything. One of my friends makes all her own bread and she was nice enough to show me how she does it.

Ihave never made bread before and she was putting things in it that I don't have and have never bought. That's easy to fix though. The only thing I need now is a wheat grinder and a mixer so I can make all our bread. We had such a great time and the bread was super yummy!






This is the finished bread. She let us each take a loaf home to share with our families. Everyone in my family loved the bread and were sad that I only let them have one piece. A mixer and wheat grinder are definately on my wish list!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I would put those on my list too but there are so many other things ahead of them. And then the time it takes to make the bread is something to deal with. I have mom and dad's grinder if you want it.

Amy Bailey said...

Looks so good. A grinder and a Bosch mixer are on
my list too. I make bread because they don't have grandma sycamore's or macy's farm bread here.

The Byers Family said...

Christmas is just around the corner, maybe a wheat grinder and mixer will be something Santa puts under your tree (IF you can wait that long!) The bread looks way too yummy! Bet it would be delicious with some homemade jam!

Andrea said...

Alisha is so nice. I went over to learn from her too. My kids loved how the bread turned out and now I am the best mom ever!

I actually bought a re-furbished Bosch from the Sandy store. Call and ask them if they have any. I think I got really lucky and they just happened to have one when I called. Maybe you could be lucky too!

Milly said...

Susan, do you have that recipe? That bread looks so yummy!