Friday, September 24, 2010

Best accomplishment!

So today was Kierra and Katie's room, the messiest room on the main floor of our house. My office beats their room by a mile. I was not feeling very ambitious when I walked in the room and had no idea where to start.

Once I started going through her desk and dresser and finding all sorts of things shoved in any box or bag Kierra owned, I was feeling angry and still didn't want to take on this project. But since the other 2 rooms upstairs now looked nice and organized, I knew I had to finish. It was a good thing that Kierra was at school because I threw A LOT of stuff away and I got another load ready for the DI. While I was getting mad and trying to figure out why she had so much junk crammed into every corner of her room, I remembered that I was exactly the same way when I was her age.

So here is the finished project. It took me about 5 hours to get it finished. When she got home from school, she had a friend with her who said "I wish my mom would do this to my room!" That made me feel good but I still didn't want to let her in her room. I know the new cleaned and organized room won't last as long as I want it to.

What a beautiful, organized desk.

The best thing about the day was that Dale hung their shelves back up. We took them down when we painted their room two years ago and never got them back up until today. It is so fun to get that finished and put their cute pictures up on the wall. I will try to remember to post how long this room stays clean.





2 comments:

Cory & Holly said...

way cute room Susan.

Lisa said...

Great job! I'm waiting for when you finish your house and come and do mine. I told mom what you were doing and her first comment was "you mean like I did with her room when she was Kierra's age?"