Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mystery reader

Jaxon has a teacher for 3rd grade that Jadon and Kierra also had for 3rd grade. She does what she calls a "Mystery reader" every Friday. The parents take turns coming in to read a book to the students. The parents sit behind a curtain, while they read, and the kids are suppose to try and guess whose parent it is. Last Friday it was my turn. When I did it for Jadon and Kierra I couldn't disguise my voice good enough. They knew as soon as I started talking that it was me. This time I brought helium balloons and sucked the helium before I talked. I told the kids jokes because Jaxon loves joke books. After the story was over, and the kids knew it was me, they all took turns saying what they like about Jaxon. I think it's a great moral booster for the kids. After that, I get to tell what I like about Jaxon and some funny stories from when he was young. It was fun to embarass Jaxon! Since we were going off track, his class was having a Halloween party and they got their faces painted. This is what Jaxon looked like. I thought he looked pretty cool!


2 comments:

The Byers Family said...

That is such a great idea! I especially love the part that the kids tell what they like about the person! What a fun teacher!

Amy Bailey said...

Too Fun! I love that part of Mrs Bandis' Class. I can't believe you did the helium thing! What a crack up!