Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Jax!

Yesterday was Jaxon's 9th Birthday. He has been so excited about his birthday for a long time. He made a list of things that he wanted for his Birthday. It had over 40 items on it. Some of them were small like a pack of Big Red gum while others were big and not very realistic like a whip or a real bow and arrow. He is always off track for his birthday so he was pretty bored in the morning. He kept looking at the clock because he wanted to know the minute he was nine years old (which is 12:45 in the afternoon). After he was officially nine, Dale and I took him out to lunch at Subway.
Later in the afternoon, he went to his last Wolf den meeting. I am his leader and we decided to have a Halloween party where we played Fear Factor. He got to be the one who had to fish for gummy worms in a plate of whip cream. He just dove in and got them as fast as he could. It was so funny!

After dinner, we had his yummy chocolate cake. It was a football cake and I thought it looked great! Dale asked him what piece he wanted and Jaxon said he wanted the 50 yard line piece. So that's what he got! Dale cut the first piece right out of the middle of the cake!


For a long time, Jaxon has seen the commercials on TV for Nightmare on 13th street (The Haunted House) and said that was what he wanted to do for his birthday. So that's what we did tonight. Kierra, Jake and Kyson said there was no way they were going, so we left them at my mom's. When we first got there, Jaxon decided he didn't want to go in. We finally talked him into it and we had a great time! It was a very well done haunted house and it was fun to watch the kids get scared (I was just as scared as them).
I hope Jaxon had a good Birthday. It's important to me that my kids have a good birthday because it's their day! We're so glad that Jaxon is part of our family. He definitely gives us some challenges but he has a lot of wonderful qualities and it's so fun to watch him excel at so many things. He's a great athlete and is doing great in school! He has a lot of friends and likes to have fun. I hope he goes far in life with his determination to be the best! I love you Jaxon!



No comments: