Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Most Snow Ever!!!

Today me and my kids got home from a little trip to the cabin. We stayed there for 4 days while we were getting new tile in our kitchen. Yay! The first day, our friends, the Bailey's, came up with us. When we got there, we could not believe how much snow was there. I honestly don't think I've seen that much snow up there EVER! You could barely see the cabin from the road. It took us about an hour to shovel a path and get our stuff into the cabin. We had a great time together, playing in the snow, watching videos and trying to build a fire. Once we got the fire started, it lasted all night. The next day Lisa and her twins came up. We pretty much did the same thing. That's what I love so much about the cabin. It's the only place that I can go and actually relax. I can sit around and not feel guilty because there is nothing else that I need to be doing. Dale came up and spent the last night with us and brought Kamry and Kayla. They all spent the night watching Batman while I finished a book that I was reading. It was nice. The only thing that was horrible about our trip was having to deal with a dead mouse that I found. I tried to pay my kids $7.00 to pick it up but none of them would do it. I finally had to be brave and do it. I screamed the whole time. I know, I'm a baby. The best part about our trip was coming home to a beautiful newly tiled floor. I love it!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe I forgot to write about the mouse incidence!

Shingleton Family said...

WOW!!! I can't believe all the snow that is up there. Glad you had fun!!