Thursday, February 28, 2008

He's not a child anymore!

I feel like Jadon grew up overnight. Yesterday Dale and I went to his maturation program with him. It was an interesting program. I thought the guy told the boys what they needed to know but because of the poor sound system at the school and how fast he went threw the material, most of it went right over those 5th grade boys' heads. The boys were hearing all sorts of words that had to do with their bodies but really didn't know what he was talking about. The good thing about it was that it opened all the doors we needed to talk to him about all this fun stuff. That night while I was at Rook club, Dale had a refresher course with Jadon. He told him EVERYTHING about what will happen to him when he starts to change into a man and all about sex and even what happens to women at that time of the month. I was so glad that they have the kind of relationship where Jadon didn't feel embarassed hearing this stuff. By the time I got home that night, everyone was in bed. Dale didn't tell me about this talk until after Jadon had left for school. When Jadon came home that day, I looked at him in such a different way. I know it sounds weird, but knowing that he knows all this adult stuff made me think of him as such an older kid. It made me sad and excited that he's growing up.

No comments: