A long time ago, Dale gave me a weekend at the cabin for my birthday. I was able to go without kids and scrapbook the whole weekend. I have done this several times but went several years without going. Mostly because my birthday is at a really busy time in our lives and we can't make it work. This year, I told him I wanted to do that again. I have way too much on my plate right now and I really needed a break. So Lisa and I went up late on a Thursday night and came home on Sunday night. We didn't bring any scrapbooking stuff like we used to. We didn't really even plan food. We went to the store on the way up and bought what looked good. I haven't done this in 4 years. The last time we came up, Katie was 6 months old and she came with us.
This time it was Kierra's turn to come. Actually, I went down on Saturday to get her. She had a volleyball game that I didn't want to miss so I went down for that and brought her back up with me. She had a project for school that she needed help with so I brought her up to work on that. She had to make civil war clothing for teddy bears. At first, I was dreading the project but it turned out to be fun and the bears turned out really cute. This is Javier the bear!
I had a fabulous time away. I slept in every day and watched several movies that I had been wanting to see. I did some things on the computer but not a lot. Mostly, just relaxed and didn't worry about anything. Well, I did worry about my family that was sick at home. Luckily, Gladys had come to help out and took good care of everyone. I love her! It was a much needed break. I'm thankful that Dale was willing to do that for me!
Highlights with Arthur - Week 4 cont.
1 year ago
1 comment:
it was a much needed break - thanks for having a birthday so we could go
Post a Comment