Sunday, May 26, 2013

DARE lagoon day

Jaxon, Nick and Jadon on the Samurai.  Jadon is the one whose head is taller than everyone elses.
 Friday was DARE lagoon day for 6th graders.  I didn't think that I was going to be able to go with Jax because I had kids to babysit.  On Friday morning, I found out that I wasn't going to have to babysit, so I decided to join him at Lagoon.  I dropped Jaxon, and his friend Nick, off in the morning and then I checked Jadon out of school and met them there after lunch. 
Jaxon and Nick on the new ride

 We had a great time together.  Jaxon as gotten a lot braver than he use to be and doesn't seem to have much fear of any rides.  I wish I could say the same thing.  I have turned into quite a scaredy cat.  I also get sick on the rides.  It makes me mad because I was never like that before the last couple of years.
 Jaxon won this huge martian playing a game where you throw a baseball into a milk barrel.  We didn't lug the thing around Lagoon.  We took it out to the van.
This picture is Nick, Jax and Jadon going on the rocket.  See that empty spot next to Jadon?  That is where I am suppose to be.  I was so nervous to go on the rocket even though I've been on it before.  I went through the line with them but told them I was getting out of line when it was time to get on the ride.  Nobody would let me climb the fence so I just ran out the exit when it was time to get on the ride.  I can't believe what a baby I was.  It was too scary!
We had a great time together and it was fun to spend some time with Jaxon (and Jadon).  I hope we can go back, as a family, this year.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can't believe you couldn't go on the rocket - what is happening to you?