After I made this quilt for Jaxon 's new room, I decided that I wanted it to be quilted. In the past, I have asked my mom to quilt things for me because she does such a wonderful job. She can't quilt anymore because it hurts her back so I decided I would attempt doing it myself. I actually really liked it and found it quite addicting. Lisa and my friend, Suzy, came over to help a few times. It took 5 days to get it done. At first, my stitches were pretty big and I couldn't figure out how my mom made such perfect little stitches. After some practice, they got better but never as good as hers.
One of the best things about doing this quilt is that I learned how to make my own binding. One of my mom's friends knows how to make binding for the whole quilt out of one yard of fabric. I decided, instead of asking her to make it for me, to ask her to teach me to make it. So hopefully I will be able to remember how to do it next time I need some binding.
2 comments:
Way to go! That looks great! I would have no idea how to do any of that and would have to go to my mom for help too.
It looks great! Good job!!
Post a Comment