
Yesterday when Katie woke up she told me she had a hole in her binkie and we needed to throw it in the garbage. Without even thinking about it, I told her to go throw it away. Ever since her surgery we have been talking about how she is a big girl and we needed to throw her binkie away. We just haven't been strong enough to do it. I decided that since SHE threw it away, I would just go with it.

I had her skip her nap so that she would be really tired at night and go to sleep quicker. She didn't cry at all because Kierra was in there with her when she went to bed. Today, for her nap, was another story. When I put her down she started looking for her binkie and I reminded her that she threw it away. She told me to go get it out of the garbage. I told her the garbage man took it away. She started crying and saying she wanted to go see Dr. Snow to get a new binkie. (That's where she got her last binkie) I left her in her bed crying and told her to go to sleep. So sad. She cried for over half an hour. Dale and I took turns going in to talk to her. It was so sad! I am so mad at myself for not taking it away when she was a little baby, like I did with the rest of my kids.
One of the worst things about letting her have a binkie so long is that she really hasn't formed an attachment to her blankie. So we are putting her to bed with nothing to comfort herself with. I just wanted to scoop her up and hold her until she went to sleep. Fortunately, I know that is the worst thing we could do for her. I hope she gets use to this quickly because it breaks my heart to hear her cry like that.
1 comment:
I feel your pain. I would so give into her so its a good thing i'm not there. Kamryn cried for a week before finally getting a handle on it. Good luck.
Post a Comment