A couple of weeks ago I noticed that a lot of the boys in our young mens were wearing pink ties at church. I asked Jadon about it and he said they all wear pink ties on fast Sunday and asked me if I would buy him a pink tie. I said sure and asked him why they wear the pink ties but he didn't know. He was excited to wear his pink tie for the first time last Sunday. It was so cool to see nearly all the boys, and a lot of men in the ward, in pink ties. That night we had a meeting welcoming the boys that will be turning 12 this year into young mens. At the meeting, I found out the reason for the pink ties. One of the young men's leaders suggested that the boys wear pink ties to remind them to respect the ladies. I thought that was very cool. I love how important it is to our leaders to teach our boys chivalry and respect. I also love how the idea is catching on and spreading through our ward.
Highlights with Arthur - Week 4 cont.
1 year ago
2 comments:
that is very cool and i wish something like that would start in our ward but i don't see it happening.
That is really cool! We have the best ward ever! I didn't realize that is why they were wearing pink but I think I will be buying 3 new pink ties.
Post a Comment