Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two Years Old

Katie turned two on Friday! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! We have really enjoyed her sweet spirit in our home. She is at such a cute stage of life. She talks like crazy and is very expressive when she talks. I wish I could video tape her every day so I could catch those expressions on tape. Unfortunately, every time I try to tape her she just smiles and says "Cheese!"


She still loves babies. She can't get enough of them! Anytime we go somewhere and we see a baby, she says "I want to hold him!" She almost always has one of her baby dolls in her arms. It is so cute to watch her talk to them. When we left the hospital, we told her to say goodbye to the babies she was playing with. As she set them down, she hugged them, patted them on the back and said "It's Ok". The nurses got a real kick out of that.

Katie always loves to go places. I can't ever leave the house without her saying "Katie coming". She refers to herself in 3rd person all the time and she knows how to get what she wants. If she wants something, like gum, she will tilt her head and smile as she says "Katie wants just one gum, please, please....pretty please". Who can resist that?


We are so thankful that she is recovering from her surgery and that the doctors were able to fix her. She got an infection after her surgery and has to be on an antibiotic and she REALLY doesn't like it. Every time I try to give her the medicine, she covers her mouth and tries to run away. The other day I told her it was time to give her the medicine and she started crying and said "I'm sick of it!" I was laughing too hard to be able to give her the medicine. We celebrated her birthday at McDonalds because she said she wanted to eat chicken and fries and go down slide. She is very good at playing by herself. She will sit and play with toys for a long time. I love to listen to her being the mommy to whatever she is playing with. Sometimes I just watch her and think how lucky we are to have her. We all love her so much!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

she is such at cutie!
BTW, love the new blog look!

The Byers Family said...

WHAT! Where has the time gone! I can't believe she's already 2!! She is such a sweetie!