Saturday, November 6, 2010

Yardwork at Grandma & Granddad's

Recently I decided that I was going to go to my mom's house once a week to help her with whatever she needed done around the house or yard. This week she needed her raspberry bushes trimmed down. Dale thought it might be a good service oppurtunity for our kids, so we took them along to help out. It only took 10 or 15 minutes to cut back the raspberry bushes so we decided to rake their leaves.


The kids needed a little bit of encouragement to get working. Just like when I was a kid, my mom tried to do what she could to make it fun for them. She kept bringing different yard gadgets out that the kids thought were cool so they were more excited about working.

Jake and Kyson loved picking up leaves with the big claw like grabbers and Jadon loved playing with the blower they have.

They ended up being pretty good about working and we filled up 7 big black garbage bags with leaves. The sad thing about it is that next week the grass will be covered with leaves again!



No comments: