Thursday, October 21, 2010

A week at the cabin!

I am so grateful for the oppurtunity I recently had to spend a week at the cabin. Since my kids were off track, I wanted to do something fun but didn't want to spend a lot of money. The cabin is perfect for that! It was absolutely beautiful up there. I spent many hours just sitting on the couch and looking out at the sun shining through the golden yellow aspen leaves.


My parents came up for a couple of days and Katie LOVED spending time with them. She kept saying "Gramdad, look!" at everything she was doing. She loved going outside on the deck with my Dad and telling him about everything she saw.

I was even able to get some excercise while I was there. I made Kierra come on a walk around Brighton with me. It was a little too much for her but I loved the scenic walk.



The boys played the WII alot because that's what they like to do while they are off track but Katie and I enjoyed the beautiful fall weather together. Kierra and I watched some great movies together and we all played a lot of UNO since it's about the only game we can all play.
Dale came up for the weekend and it was fun to have them there and go to church together up there. The drive down the canyon was beautiful! I kept pulling over and taking pictures because it was so pretty. Autumn and the cabin are two of my favorite things!



3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great weekend. I love the Fall too! Absolutely my favorite time of year! BTW, you look fabulous!

Milly said...

It looks like you guys had a great week up there. And thanks again for having us for dinner. You are the best!

Milly said...

It looks like you had a great week up there. And thanks again for having us for dinner even if we weren't invited! :) You are the best!