Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Jake!

Jake's 7th birthday was actually two days ago but we had his party tonight and I wanted to post pictures from that so I waited until today to give him his birthday tribute. We went to Golden Corral for dinner with my family on his birthday. It's my mom's birthday too and it's a tradition to go out to dinner for her birthday. Lucky Jake gets to share his birthday with Grandma.

We came home and opened presents. He got his first Lego sets and I had a great time putting one of them together with him. I wish I had the money to buy a new Lego set every week. They are a great things to keep kids entertained.

Tonight we went swimming, out to dinner at McDonalds then home for cake and ice cream. It was a fun day. Jake loves to go swimming! When I asked him if he wanted to have a birthday party with his friends, he said "I think I just want to go swimming." So that's what we did. He loves to wear his mask and spend as much time as he can under water.

I am so thankful for Jake's sweet little spirit. I've never known a child like him. He has an amazing memory. He memorizes commercials and can tell you what toy every fast food restaurant has. He's a great reader. He's Kyson's best buddy and they are pretty much inseperable. It's so cute how Kyson watches out for him. He is always telling him things like "Jake, you need to eat your breakfast so you're not late to school. Jake comes up with the funniest things. One day we were visiting my mom and she had some pants on that were blueish purple. He asked her what color they were. She said they are kind of blue and kind of purple. He said "That means they are indigo". Jake is at a time in his life where he is obsessed with the WII. He wants to play it all the time. Luckily, they are off track so he was able to play it all day on his birthday. He is a very giving child. He will share anything he has with his siblings. One day at school I was watching him get in line before school started. All the kids like to be as close to the front of the line as possible. We got there early that day so Jake was at the front. At least 3 girls asked him if they could stand in front of him. He just smiled, told them yes, then backed up. Jake has a very slow way about him. It takes him a long time to do most anything. We are use to it and know that we have to get him moving 10 minutes before anyone else. The thing I love about him is that he just slowly moves through life taking it all in. He's always reading signs and things around him, memorizing them as he goes. He never gets upset as we're trying to rush him to do something. He still takes his sweet time, but eventually gets it done. He has a great smile. I love his little dimple and blonde hair. He loves to give me hugs or cuddle up to me on the couch when I'm working on the computer. I'm glad that his sweet spirit was sent to our family!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

very nice tribute!