
I just got back from spending 5 days at my cabin. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful place to go and relax! It's the only place that I can go and let myself be lazy. I don't have anything that I
have to do so I don't feel guilty if I sit on the couch all day and read my book. I read two books while I was there.

Kamry and Kayla came up for a few days. Kierra seems to have such a good time with them. I was cutting squares from all our old levi's to make into a quilt. Some how they got the idea to make all the scraps into clothes for their American Girl dolls. They spent hours putting them together. They started out using a stapler to hold the clothes together until we found a needle and thread and then they sewed them together. It was neat to see them be so creative.

I got all the levi's cut out and this is all the squares. I wanted to count them to see how many I have but that was just too much of a project. My goal is to have the levi quilt or quilts done by baseball season next year. Luckily I'm going to the cabin again in January so maybe I can do them then.

Jake and Kyson had so much fun playing video games. Our WII is broken so we borrowed Lisa's Nintendo 64 and brought that up. They have definately been on video game withdrawal. They pretty much played video games the whole time we were there. I know, I'm a bad mom. We ended up coming home a day early because there is suppose to be a huge snowstorm tomorrow. I hated to leave especially since all the trees were covered with new snow and it felt like Christmas there.

The best thing about coming home was the surprise Dale and Jadon had for me. (They didn't come with us because Jadon had school.) They painted my bedroom! I was shocked. Dale had recently talked about doing it but said we would do it next year. When I walked into my room to put my clothes away, Jadon was waiting with the video camera going. It looks soooo good! The picture doesn't really do it justice. It's amazing how painting a room can make you feel like you have a new house! I was so impressed with them especially since Dale has been pretty sick all week. We had a great time at the cabin but I was glad to come home and see my boys!
2 comments:
Man are you a lucky girl!!! I don't think I'll be coming home to my bedroom being painted.
Your posts are so fun! I can't believe how big Katie is getting! And your bedroom looks great. I agree that a fresh coat of paint can really do wonders!
Post a Comment