I remember when I was in elementary school and the summer was coming to an end. Every day we would ride our bikes over to the school, hoping that the lists were posted showing who our new teacher was and who was in our class. It seems like we did it every day for a week before the lists were finally there. Now I get to go look at those lists as the mother but my kids are just as excited as I was. We always know when the lists are going to be posted so we don't go the school every day for a week. They posted the lists yesterday. The kids were all excited to go check them out. We were all very pleased! All the kids got the teacher they wanted. Each one has some friends in their class. It was weird to not have Jadon there checking for his teacher. I think we are going to have a great year!
4 comments:
I don't really remember doing that myself but it is fun with my own kids - I think as a mother I'm more interested in the list than my kids are. It has been strange only having Taylor to look at the list for the last couple of years. But we'll start all over again in a year - yikes!
So my question is, did Jadon get excited when the registration packet showed up? I called the school for them to find out when they'd be mailed and everyday from 7/20 until about the 22nd (not too long) Shawna would jump out of bed and run to the mail box several times a day until the mail was there, then when we got the packets she ran in all excited to get those sent back so she could get her sched! I remember being excited about the teacher list as a kid too, there's just something exciting about starting a new year!
Here the kids go to school 4 days before school starts and they get to meet their teachers and get familiar with the classroom. We wish them all well this year in school. Especially Jadon, I can’t believe he is going to middle school. Time goes by so fast.
I remember doing that too. It was so exciting to see the lists finally taped up on the doors. They used to do that at my kids school but they changed how they do things two years ago. Now, the kids get a letter to take home on the last day of school telling them what teacher they have. This is also kind of fun because they can share the news with their friends and see who has the same teacher. It's also nice that they know the whole summer who they will have. Both Savannah and Chelsea got who they wanted for next year.
Post a Comment