
Yesterday was Jadon's 12th Birthday and I think he had a pretty good day. He started it out by going on a scout campout the day before. After he got home I took him shopping for a new suit. Shopping isn't his favorite thing to do but he did like getting a new suit.
After we got home we all went out to dinner at Golden Corral. Before we left, Jadon asked Dale if he could drive around the block. And, as you can see by the picture, he let him. Jake and Kyson were both crying because they didn't want Jadon to drive. Jadon was thrilled!

Jadon had a great time at Golden Corral. It's amazing how much kids like buffets. They think it's great to be able to get whatever they want, especially ice cream!!!

After dinner, we went to Boondock's to go miniature golfing. Everyone had a great time. Jadon got a whole-in-one twice and was super excited about that. Dale still beat him but only by 7 points. By the time we got home, he was officially 12 years old. He always likes to stay up until the time that he was born which is 11:24 p.m.

Today Jadon was ordained as a deacon. This is one of those proud moments in a mother's life. I still can't believe that my first born is already 12 years old. Many times yesterday, I was remembering the day he was born. Jadon had a really hard time coming into this world but ever since he finally made it, he has been a really easy child to raise. He has always wanted to do the right thing. I love the relationship that I have with him. I love that he still wants to hang out with me. Sometimes, if I'm in my office or my room, he will just come and lay on the floor and talk to me. I love that he will still let me walk to school with him. I love that he always wants to go to Wal-mart with me to do the grocery shopping. I love how much he loves Katie. I love how much he loves his Dad and wants to be like him. I love what a wonderful scout he has become and how prepared he is for everything he does. I love how great he's doing in school (I don't love that I have to let him go to middle school!) I love that he knows how to work hard. I am so blessed to have such a great kid and I love him very much!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADON! It looks like he had a really good day! Jake and Kyson shouldn't feel bad about crying when Dale let Jadon drive, I always cry when Darrell lets Annie or Shawna take a whirl! IT'S SCARY!
On another note, lets plan a Byers family camping trip! I'd love to do it! We're good the weekend of Aug 14th or after the kids start school 8/28 or sept 4th (but that's labor day weekend) or even the 11th, 18th. Let me know what you think! Darrell could even take the trailer up early if we can't get reserved spots, if you look for spots and find some that work remember our trailer is big and we need at least 30 ft, would prefer 35! I'll look later and see what I can find!
Post a Comment