Sunday, July 26, 2009

8 months old


Katie is 8 months old today. She is nearing the end of one of my favorite baby stages. For the last two months she has been so easy to take care of. She has been content to sit on the floor and play with her toys for quite a while. She loves to pick things up and play with them so we can give her almost anything and she entertains herself. She is just barely starting to move around. She can roll over and over to get across the room and is starting to scoot. Just this week she started figuring out how to get on her knees. Our world is really going to change when she learns to crawl. Our house isn't very baby proof. I guess we'll have to get out the gates and the cupboard locks again. One funny thing that Katie has been doing is growling. If one of the kids gets in her face or tries to take something away from her she growls at them. They, of coarse, think it's cute so they try to get her to do it. We think it's cute too but don't want her to become a brat so we discourage it. She is so much fun as she's learning so many new things. We sure do love our little "Katie-did"!

3 comments:

The Byers Family said...

I can't believe how big she's gotten! We need to get together more often so we can experience that "baby" thing! She is so darn cute and looks just like she belongs with you guys! I got your message about planning a camping trip! I'm game when do you wanna go? We just got back from Bear Lake and it was great! Call me so we can make a plan!

Shingleton Family said...

I can’t believe how fast she is growing up. What a beautiful girl, I love her big blue eyes. Our kids enjoy looking at your blog so they can see their cousins. Hope all is well.

Cory & Holly said...

Katie is really cute. I'm glad you are having so much fun with your last baby. Aubrey is getting into EVERYTHING! We finally had to put the dog food outside so she wouldn't eat it anymore. GROSS!