Friday, April 10, 2009

Surprise!!!


Today is Kierra's "GOLDEN" Birthday. She is turning 10 on the 10th. She has been asking for a party for months and I always told her that we don't do parties every year. Since it meant so much to her, I decided that I would give her a surprise party. Since the Hannah Montana movie opened today, I decided that would be a good thing to do. I called all the moms of her best friends to tell them about it. None of the moms thought it would be good to tell their daughters until right before the party so that it wouldn't slip out to Kierra. I took Kierra shopping today to get her out of the house while her friends came over. When we got home, they were all in her room (along with all her brothers) and yelled "SURPRISE" when she walked in. It was so cute to see them all lined up on her bed. She didn't know how to act and was kind of embarassed. It was cute! We all went out to lunch at Mountain Mike's Pizza then went to the movie. I have never seen so many young girls in one place in my life! I wasn't super excited to see the movie since I don't care too much for the Hannah Montana show on the Disney Channel. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a really cute show and all the girls loved it! One exciting thing that happened during the movie was 2 girls lost a tooth. I couldn't believe it when one came and told me that she lost her tooth and then was even more shocked when another came over and told me she lost her tooth. Fun times!





I am so thankful for Kierra! She is such a sweet little spirit. She is a fabulous sister and takes such good care of Jake and Kyson. She gets along with Jaxon really well and will frequently play with him. I give her all the credit for Kyson's coloring ability and that he knows all his letters and numbers. She is always teaching them. She is very creative and is a wonderful artist! She is a great friend and always wants everyone to be happy. She is doing well in school and has a teacher that really appreciates her creativity. I am so glad that she finally has a little sister to love! I know that Kierra will be the best mother someday and I'm very grateful that she is part of our family!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

what a great tribute! I bet you cried writing it - i would.