Monday, January 26, 2009

2 months old

Katie is 2 months old today. Time is flying by so fast! She is getting bigger and cuter every day. I took this picture of her hand because I want to remember how much I love her little clenched fists. She is starting to open her hands more and more and I know I will miss the little fists. Something that I already miss is when we would pick her up and she would tuck her little legs up under her stomach and keep them that way while we hold her. She has lost that newborn instinct that I love so much. She is smiling, talking and cooing all the time. It is so much fun that she knows who we are now. When Jake talks to her and she smiles back at him he says "She loves me mom!" Her big accomplishment as a 2 month old is sleeping for 5 hours straight. She has done that for the last 3 nights and it is fabulous. We are enjoying every moment with our sweet Katie. I've never known a more loved baby than her!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that's so great to have all that love in your home. We can't wait to see her and the rest of the fam today.

The Byers Family said...

I wish I would have known Shawna would be my last baby, then maybe I would have thought to cherish all these kinds of little memories! I'll have to relive them through my little neices and nephews! Everytime we get together (which isn't often enough) I'm reminded of how much my girls have grown and I remember how fun it was to have them small! I love them grown too of course, and this time is mostly fun (they are tweens afterall!) but when they're little like that it's so special!