Friday, January 23, 2009

Katie's 1st trip to the photographer!

The first word that comes to mind is - nightmare. I guess I'll never learn how much I hate getting my children's pictures taken. I absolutely love pictures of my kids and put myself through this torture every time. Right when I walked in the door I knew it wasn't going to go well. It sounds horrible to say but the reason I knew that, was because it was a young guy that was working. Young guys have no idea how to get babies to smile! I was getting Kyson's 4 year old pictures taken as well so I had him go first. His pictures turned out fine. Another contributer to the nightmare was that I was getting Katie's pictures taken in her blessing dress. She doesn't really like getting dressed in the first place so when I'm trying to get her dressed in 6 yards of fabric, she isn't super thrilled. Now if I could have taken the picture, then she would have smiled. That's one of the hardest things for me when I go to places like this. Having done this myself for many years, it's hard to let other people take pictures of my kids. So the guy tells me to lay her on the table and he proceeds to pick her up and try to pose her. Didn't like that! Just tell me where to lay her and I will do it. So he's trying to take one of those pictures where her little arm is shoved up under her chin to help her hold her own head up. Not working! She starts crying and trying to get her arm free from his super tight grasp. Then he starts making those horrible noises that the photographers make and to top it off he starts banging his fist on the table to try and get her to look up. See what I mean about young boys trying to get a baby to smile. JUST TALK TO HER! He finally got three poses with one half smile but by this time Katie is screaming. Katie rarely screams. She must not like being pinned down with annoying noises going off in her face. That's weird! I had decided that I was going to leave her in her blessing dress and try to take some pictures myself at home. It took me 10-15 minutes to get her to calm down while I waited to look at the pictures. So I decide that I'm not going to buy any of her and just get Kyson's. Then the girl showing me the pictures gets them all set up in a pretty little pink montage and they look kinda cute. She must of known what a sucker I am! So I left Kiddie Kandids with the montage in hand, saying "see ya in a month" for Katie's 3 month pictures.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You should have called me and I would have gone with you. Not that that would change anything - just moral support and I could have smacked the teenage boy around. I want to see the pictures.