
I had the
opportunity to volunteer for a few hours in
Jadon's class today. They are studying Egypt right now and we made Egyptian
Death Masks today. We used gauze that had plaster on it and put several coats on their face. The best part was when we got to put it over their mouths and they couldn't talk to us. It was really fun.

This is
Jadon and his friend Andrew waiting for their masks to dry. Don't they look scary. Inside their masks, I know they were trying to smile.

Before we started putting the plaster on their faces, we cover their face in Vaseline so the plaster wouldn't stick as bad. It still kind of hurt to pull the mask off after it was dry. If you are like me, and you like to pick scabs, it is fun to pull it off.

After all the kids were done, some of the kids talked their parents into letting us have them do masks on us. It was fun! They are going to decorate them at school. I told
Jadon to do mine. I can't wait to see what it looks like.
1 comment:
Very Impressive - both the masks and how fast you got this posted!
Post a Comment