Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another one in Kindergarten

Today was Jake's 1st day of Kindergarten. Even though he is my 4th child to send off to school, I was still sad. I feel like once they start school, I lose control of them. I can't make sure they are always OK. This year our school let the parents come in for the first 1/2 hour and had us assist them in finding their seat and tote tray and where to hang their backpacks. I loved that! He was so cute and excited to be going to school with "the kids" as he calls Jadon, Jaxon and Kierra. They all walked home together and they all took good care of Jake. I can't believe that 4 of my kids are now in school. Kyson is feeling sad that he isn't going to school with them but I'm sure we'll have some fun times every afternoon just the two of us.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that's a good idea about letting the parents come in - I'm sure it's more for the parents than the students :)

Shingleton Family said...

Wow Jake looks so grownup. I love the picture of all of them in front of the school.