Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Boating at Jordanelle

Kierra and Kamryn on the tube
After Jadon graduated from high school, I asked him what he wanted to do for graduation.  He said go to Lake Powell.  I told him I didn't think I could pull that off but maybe we could do one day of boating.  I asked Lisa's family if they wanted to join us.  She was looking on KSL for boat rentals and found a guy who rents out his boat and he is the boat chauffer.  We thought that sounded like a pretty good idea so we booked it.  She also found some little cabins at Jordanelle that were right on the lake so we decided to stay over night and make it a day and a half trip.
Kamryn, Kyson and Jared on the tube
 When we woke up on Monday morning (the day we were suppose to leave) it was raining.  I was pretty bummed.  We checked the weather forecast and it said that it was suppose to be sunny in the afternoon.  By the time we got to the lake it was sunny but not super warm.  I'm not a huge fan of cold water so I wasn't planning on getting in until the next day.  The good thing about the weather was that there was hardly anyone on the lake.
We stopped the boat for a little while and just swam in our diaper life jackets
 We took turns going out on the boat.  Whoever wasn't in the boat, stayed at the beach (if you can call rocks with a little bit of sand a beach).  Lisa had rented two paddle boards that everyone took turns using.  They were really fun
Kiera on the knee board
 Jaxon and Jadon were the first to go out behind the boat.  Justin and Taylor said it was too cold so they let them go first.  Eventually Taylor and Arthur (Lisa's French student)  went out on the knee board.  Jaxon tried the wake board but wasn't able to get up.  Jadon got up on the wakeboard which he has done before.
Jaxon and Jadon love boating!
Jadon was also able to try surfing and he did great!  It was pretty cool because you use a short rope so he was really close to the boat.  It was so much fun to watch the kids have fun in the water.  I was able to go out on the knee board and had a blast! 
Jaxon trying to wakeboard
The cabins we had reserved were so cute.  I forgot to take a picture of them.  It was just one room with 2 queen size bunkbeds.  It also had a fridge, a microwave and a table and that's it.  It was perfect.  We spent most of the day on Tuesday boating and hanging out on the beach.  It was nice and sunny.  We had such a great time together.  I would love to make this a yearly tradition!

Kierra and Katie enjoying riding in the boat

Kyson's first time on the wakeboard.  He did great!

Cool boater boys

The kids were so excited when they saw the boat at the doc

Katie

Jaxon and Jadon had a blast on the tube together!

Jadon surfing

Taylor and Jadon on the tube.  Lisa said they were the most fun to watch

Justin and Dale on the tube

Jaxon and Arthur on the tube

When we were done boating on Monday night, we played some volleyball

Kamryn and Katie on the paddle board

Jake was so funny on the knee board.  He thought the handle was like a steering wheel


No comments: