Friday, October 3, 2014

Remembering 22 years ago

Dale sent me a text this morning that said "Happy Anniversary".  Our wedding anniversary was in August.  Today is the 22nd anniversary of the day we got together.  It wasn't our first date.  We were having a party with friends from work and we got together at that party.  Our first official date was to see the movie Sarafina.  I think it is so cute that Dale always remembers this day.  I spent a good portion of the day remembering all the wonderful memories from the last 22 years but mostly memories from when we were dating. I just want to list some of them and hopefully when I read this in 20 years, I will still know what I'm writing about.  Dinner at the Red Flame in bountiful where he told me he didn't want to do the two week thing.  Running across the Pace parking lot to listen to Broken glass in his car because my stereo wasn't as good as his.  My sister telling me he was a "player" and to be careful.  All the roses.  Watching for him to drive up to my house to pick me up.  Christmas work party.  Hot mustard at South Seas. Trip to Arizona and Palm Springs. Making me drive his car. Picking me up when I ran out of gas. His house in the winter listening to old country music and eating chili.  Meeting his mom for the first time.  Babysitting. Getting our pictures taken together. Werthers at the Haunted House. Snowmobiling at the cabin. Going to Logan and he wouldn't bring a jacket even though I told him it would be freezing.  Outrunning the cop.  Brushing my hair in the hospital.  Disney stuff. Stereo at RC Willey. Parallel parking at temple square.  Catch a Falling Star tape.  "The Letter" picture.  Wave runner crash. Dine and dash at La Puente. 100% tip.  Skycoaster at Lagoon.  watching TV while I cross stitched. Taking Jordan and Adam to the zoo.  Rubbing lotion on my legs at Pace. Our wedding day. The most perfect day!
He has always been so good to me and taken such good care of me.  He always has put my wants and needs above his own.  We are so blessed to have the kind of relationship that we do.  We get along very well and through all these years, it has remained the same.  We have a different life now.  It mostly revolves around the kids and we don't get to spend as much time together as we did back then but I still love to go on dates and spend time with him.  I love to get texts from him and still am happy when I see his car pull up to the driveway.  I honestly can say that I love him more than I ever thought I could. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

what a great post !! and great idea :) i'm going to ask more about some of those memories