Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jaxon - 14

Jaxon in Gobin Valley.  He loved jumping from rock to rock
 This week Jaxon turned 14!  Wow!  We told him he's grown up now.  Jaxon is quite an adventure.  He always keeps our lives exciting.  Never a dull moment with that kid.  I have experienced every emotion with him.  Happiness, scared, surprise, frustration, proud, anger and love.
Jaxon pitching
 Jaxon has this unique quality about him.  He seems to be good at anything he tries.  He is very athletic and loves to play whatever sport is in season.  Right now, it's football.  Every day after school, he and Kyson round up the neighborhood kids and play football.  When winter comes, it will be basketball.  And, of coarse, in the spring there will be baseball.  My favorite.  I love to watch him play.  He knows the game so well and is so good at it.  He has only come across a few things that he doesn't seem to naturally be good at.  Unfortunately, when that happens he gives up on that and doesn't want to try it anymore. 
Jaxon shooting his Dad's gun
 When we went camping to Goblin Valley, Dale brought his guns.  Jaxon loved shooting them and was quite good at it.  He was also very good at throwing the clay pigeons in the air for people to shoot.  Must be all the baseball.
Jaxon jumping into the pool
 When we got our pool this summer, Jaxon wanted to move the trampoline next to the pool to use it to jump in.  At first, Dale did not like that plan.  He felt it was unsafe.  Jaxon's persistence won and he was the first one to jump in the freezing cold water.
Jaxon at the NJHS ceremony
 Jaxon doesn't love school but he gets pretty good grades.  I think the competitiveness in him is what keeps him doing well in school.  He doesn't like it when someone is better than him.  He is on the National Junior Honor Society and is a member of the Ambassadors, a club that tries to stop bullying. 
Jaxon has many wonderful qualities.  He's my little hugger.  He always has been.  He gives me many hugs a day.  He is turning into quite a little gentleman.  I took him out to lunch when he got his braces on and I felt like we were on a date.  He opened the doors for me.  He carried the trays of food and anytime I needed anything, he got up and got it for me.  What a sweetie!  I love one on one time with him and wish that I could do it more often.  He's also our teaser (Not necessarily a good quality).  He loves to tease Jake and Katie.  He can't stand being in the room without teasing one of them.  It drives me crazy and is the biggest source of tension in our relationship, but he also takes care of them.  Whenever Katie falls asleep on the couch (which is almost every weekend) He loves to carry her to bed.  If Jake ever gets hurt or is upset (by something other than Jaxon) he will jump up and try to help him. Jaxon is really funny.  He always makes me laugh.  He is a huge presence in our home.  If Jaxon isn't home, it's a completely different place.  I love him with all my heart, even though he is the reason for my grey hair!

No comments: