Saturday, September 13, 2014

Summer is over

I don't usually have posts without pictures but I just wanted to do a little journaling to record what's going on right now.  Summer is over and school has started.  I remember when Katie was born and I thought that when she went to Kindergarten, Jadon would be a senior.  I can't believe that day is already here.  The 3 youngest kids are loving the new charter school which I am thrilled about.  It was a good move.  Jadon is having an easy year, so far, as a senior.  He is working at Arctic Circle.  He asked someone to Homecoming this week and I am so proud of him!  I found out that there was a girl in our ward who really really wanted to go to the dance and hadn't been asked yet so he asked her.  She was so excited.  Her mom told me she has never seen a bigger smile on her face.  Kierra is now going to Copper Hills.  She's doing well, like always.  I love how independent she is.  She has started talking a sign language class and LOVES it!  She knows that she wants to be an interpreter for the deaf.  I'm thrilled that she has a career in mind already.  She has her first job.  She is working as a sweeper at Fox Hollow elementary.  My goal right now is to get her to get her learner's permit.  She says she doesn't want to read the driver's license book because it's boring.  Jaxon is in 8th grade and continues to think that school is big waste of time.  Even though he feels this way, he still does well in school.  He is playing fall baseball and always recruiting the neighborhood boys to play football after school.  Jake is still obsessed with video games.  During the school year, we don't allow video games during the week so he struggles finding something to do.  He is full of information.  He is always telling me the things he learns.  He has a little group of friends at school which makes me so happy.  He really hasn't had any friends until this year.  I still need to find something that he is interested in, besides video games.  Kyson is a mix of Jadon and Jaxon.  He is most like Jadon but he has a lot of Jaxon's natural sports ablility.  He is always outside playing whatever sport he can.  He is also playing fall baseball.  He is very smart and is doing well in school.  I'm glad that he has a teacher that will challenge him.  He's a great kid who always wants to do the right thing.  I love that he always wants to make me happy.  Katie is a little spitfire Diva.  Other than the fact that she has to wear a uniform, she likes school.  She loves everything girlie but she also loves playing baseball with her brothers.  She still loves all the little babies that I take care of.  She is genuinely excited to see them every day.  Wherever she goes, she has a baby with her.  She still loves her mom more than anyone.  She loves to be with me.  I wish I could spend more one on one time with her.  Some days I feel very overwhelmed with everything that is going on.  It is rare that we have a free night with nothing going on.  I wouldn't change it though.  I love that my kids are involved with so many things.  It's good for them so they don't get bored.  I am still the Young Women's sports coach and volleyball has just started.  I love volleyball because it's not as stressful as basketball to coach.  I am excited that we are approaching fall.  It's my favorite time of the year.  I love getting out hoodies to wear and the crispness in the air.  I love the smells of Fall!  I feel very thankful for everything that I have been blessed with.  I am happy that my family is healthy and we live in such a wonderful ward.  I continue to miss my mom every day.  Last week, Lisa, Holly and I went through all her clothes and jewelry.  I was dreading it a little bit but it actually turned out to be a very fun afternoon where we remembered our wonderful mother.  I wish I knew what she was doing right now.  I am obsessed with reading right now.  I go in spurts with that.  I came across the author, Kristin Hannah recently and I just keep reading all her books.  I wish I could read more but I feel guilty if I am reading when the kitchen isn't clean.  I tell myself I can read an hour a day but I have to do a job to earn that.  Well that's about it for now.  My life revolves around taking care of my family right now. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

most excellent post - we should all post more like that :)