After this little project, I grounded Kierra from bags. While going through her room, I found at least 7 bags full of all sorts of different things. I knew exactly what happened. Every time she cleaned her room, she would have a pile of stuff that she didn't know what to do with. So, she would find a bag and stuff it all in there and then stuff it in her closet or under the bed.
Check out this drawer! It has notebooks, bras and cereal in it. Strange combination of things.
I did most of the work while Kierra was at school. When she came home, she thought it was so funny how frustrated I was. I put her right to work cleaning out her desk.
Look how much better her dresser looks now! This is also the area from the first picture where Kierra's bed use to be.
I love the closet! I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep those rubbermaid containers out of there since my room is next and I don't want them in my room anymore. I wonder how successful a winter garage sale would be!Kierra and Katie were so excited when the project was finally done. Katie loved her nicely made bed and told me she would try really hard to keep it clean. She then told me that if she messes up again, I can clean it up for her. I'm thrilled to report that it's been 4 days since we finished and it is still clean and organized. I hope they can keep it up at least until I get all the bedrooms done.
1 comment:
your kids sure have an awesome mom! Will you come do my house next?
Post a Comment