Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Katie turns four!

 Yesterday was Katie's 4th birthday.  She has been very excited for her birthday.  She woke up at 6:45, which was way too early.  I tried to get her to go back to bed but she wouldn't.  She wanted to get ready for her party (which was going to be at 3:00)
 She was pretty grouchy all morning and whining a lot.  I decided I was going to take her on a ride to get her to fall asleep.  When I came out from getting ready, this is how I found her.  She had fallen asleep on the floor watching tv.  She ended up sleeping for a long time.  In fact, I had to wake her up for her party.
                                     
 She invited 6 of her little friends.  I had little games like duck, duck goose and pin the carrot nose on the snoman planned for them.  They played the games and had fun but all they really wanted to do was play with each other.  So that's what we did.  They played house downstairs then went outside and played together. 
 I asked Katie what she wanted for her birthday dinner and she picked chicken and fries, of coarse.
After dinner we opened presents then had a movie night.  We all watched the new barbie movie that Katie got for her birthday.  She loved it!  I think she had a pretty fun birthday and she is really excited that she is finally four.  I can't believe how fast the last 4 years have flown by.  It breaks my heart for her to be growing up and that's she's not a baby anymore.  I love spending my days with her.  She is my constant companion.  I have no idea what I am going to do when she goes to school.  At least I have almost two more years to enjoy her!

No comments: