After a long time of trying to make a very hard decision, we took Jenny to a new home today. I have a lot of guilt about this decision. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that I don't like dogs. I should have know this because we didn't keep the last dog we had. My kids really wanted a dog and I thought I would try it again. It just wasn't working out. I know that if I liked her, it would have been a lot easier to keep her, and I feel horrible about that. My kids liked their dog but they didn't give her the time and attention that she needed. We decided that we needed to find her a better home. I truly feel that Jenny will be better off in her new home. She is going to be trained to be a service dog. She will probably end up with an older man with diabetes who is in a wheel chair. I think she will get the chance to be a loyal companion to someone who needs her as much as she needs someone to love her.

She really was a good dog and I hope that my children will not hate me for doing this. I hope they will have some good memories of the dog they had for a short time.
1 comment:
she was a really good dog and you trained her so well so she will be a great blessing to someone who needs her
Post a Comment